The Woods Creek Watershed Committee, an inter-governmental partnership including the Villages of Algonquin, Lake in the Hills, Crystal Lake, and Crystal Lake Park District, initiated the planning process for the Woods Creek Watershed-Based Plan in 2012.
For this urban watershed and its valuable natural resources, AES developed the Woods Creek Watershed-Based Plan to meet EPA requirements, and
- collaborate with and educate stakeholders
- target ways to improve water quality
- protect green infrastructure,
- create watershed protection policies, and
- implement ecological restoration
The approved watershed plan prioritizes opportunities for additional funding for watershed improvement projects. The plan was completed and approved by the EPA in 2013. Implementation projects in the watershed began that same year and continue today.
- Watershed Planning
- GIS Data Analysis + Mapping
- Water Quality Analysis
- Public Process
Watershed Based Plan | Woods Creek