Steven Dischler is a seasoned executive with over 30 years of professional experience developing major projects as a consultant and for operating companies. He has held a variety of leadership roles during his career, including working as the President/CEO of a publicly traded company, serving on various boards of directors, and leading major, high-visibility capital projects.
Recognized for his approachable and collaborative leadership style, Steve establishes and maintains excellent relationships with project developers, communities, and regulatory agencies. He has been instrumental in advancing organizational and project success by developing and managing positive relationships with management, employees, shareholders, and external stakeholders.
Steve is a registered professional engineer in eight states. He specializes in management of public infrastructure, large industrial, and environmental remediation projects, including the following:
- Negotiation of complex real estate transactions including land, water rights, and conservation easements
- Regulatory negotiations on major projects with diverse stakeholder groups
- Remediation of large-scale industrial sites – mines, smelters, oil refineries, landfills
- Watershed-scale reclamation and restoration
- Mine permitting and development
- Oil and gas pipelines in both cross-country and urban settings
- Regulatory expertise – Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA);
- Natural Resource Damages (NRD); Clean Water Act (CWA); state and local permitting