Applied Ecological Services, Inc.
17921 Smith Road,
P. O. Box 256
Brodhead, WI 53520
AES Fax: 608.897.8486
TCRN Fax: 608.897.2044
120 West Main St
W. Dundee, IL 60118
Kansas City Office
1269 N. 222nd Road
Baldwin City, KS 66006
21938 Mushtown Rd
Prior Lake, MN 55372
East Coast Office
10 Balligomingo Road, 3rd Floor
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Wetland Restoration and Mitigation
Since the beginning of time, wetlands have been a valuable resource for life on this planet. Since the early 70ï¿½s, theyï¿½ve been a protected resource in the U.S. The Clean Water Act requirement of no net loss of wetlands has vastly elevated the status, and the public appreciation, of these complex ecosystems.
Functionally, as well as aesthetically, healthy wetlands serve us well. Theyï¿½re in the front lines of our battle against flooding. They store and filter stormwater to replenish clean groundwater. They harbor migrating birds and provide sanctuary for threatened and endangered species. They protect a diversity of life like no other ecosystem on earth. They are perhaps the highest priority of the AES staff of ecologists and restoration professionals.
A leader in the development of wetland restoration design and installation techniques for mitigation and mitigation banking, AES has accumulated decades of experience and data in the creation, restoration and enhancement of wetlands.
Innovation in hydrologic modeling and design and a thorough understanding of the requirements of functional wetland plant communities characterize the AES ecological services team.
In recent years, as Conservation Development has taken root, AES has been asked to design the integration of wetlands and associated buffer communities within developed sites.
In urbanizing areas, wetland mitigation and wetland mitigation banking have become important conservation tools to ensure no net loss. And AES has been in the forefront with mitigation solutions true to our companyï¿½s mission.*
Throughout the U.S., AES has conducted a full range of wetland services ranging from wetland delineation to complex wetland creation and banking, including design, permitting, installation and five years of vegetation and hydrologic monitoring.
You see, we feel no net loss is a minimum requirement. Weï¿½d like to see the restoration of millions of acres of high quality wetlands across the U.S. And weï¿½re working on itï¿½
*AES Mission Statement #1
To identify where humans and nature are potentially in conflict, where humans and nature can potentially cooperate, and to provide leadership in resolving conflicts in favor of sustaining natural systems.
Click on the project name below to download the profile.
All downloads require Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click Here to get it free.
- Butterfield Road Parcel, Lake County, Illinois 762K
- Quarry Restoration/Lake and Wetland Park Development, Crystal Lake, Illinois 49K
- Des Plaines River Floodplain Reserve, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin 33K
- DesPlaines River Watershed Study,Southeast Wisconsin and Northeast Illinois 33K
- Flambeau Copper Mine Reclaimation, Ladysmith, Wisconsin 14K
- Kennicott's Grove National Historic Landmark, Glenview, Illinois 50K
- Harriet Island Regional Park, St. Paul, Minnesota 128K
- Kankakee Sands Ecologial Restoration Planning, Newton County, Indiana 13K
- Master Plan Development, Liberty, Missouri 22K
- Liberty Prairie Reserve Resource and Management Planning, Lake County, Illinois 1.72MB
- Ecological Planning Conservation Development Stormwater Management; Lino Lakes, Minnesota 62K
- Lower Mud Lake Resource Protection Plan, Dane County, Wisconsin 140K
- Medallion Club Golf Course Ecological Restoration and Open Space Reserve System; Columbus, Ohio 118K
- Metra Wetland Mitigation Banks, Anitoch, Illinois 52K
- Otter Creek Wetland Mitigation Bank, St. Charles, Illinois 122K
- Prairie Crossing Conservation Development; Grays Lake, Illinois 122K
- Prairie Lakes, Homewood, Illinois 212K
- Red River of North, Northwest Minnesota 63K
- Rudy Kraemer Nature Center, Burnsville, Minnesota 158K
- Whooping Crane Exhibit, International Crane Foundation, Baraboo, Wisconsin 89K
- Middle South Platte Wetland Mitigation Bank, Boulder, Colorado 308K
- Seneca Meadows, Waterloo, New York 160K
|| | | | | | | |
|Copyright 2013 Applied Ecological Services, Inc. - All Rights Reserved|
|Website Design - Computer Know How|